Sports Administrator (Registrar)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hours: Flexible (Part-Time) Includes Weekends
- AAYSA Organization (www.aaysa.org)
- Academy / Competitive Youth Soccer Program(s)
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Knowledge of GotSoccer is a plus!
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, marketing and promoting youth soccer, sports leagues and programs, including a wide variety of tournament planning and scheduling at designated Soccer Complexes in San Antonio and surrounding communities for Alamo Area Youth Soccer Association (AAYSA). The administrator assists in administering our league program through the development of innovative and high quality initiatives. Provides quality customer service and works to increase community awareness of all Alamo Area Youth Soccer Programs at all levels. This position requires flexible work hours, to include availability on evenings and weekends as required.
Alamo Area Youth Soccer Association (AAYSA) is a 501c(3) non-profit (Tax Exempt) organization registered in the State of Texas. AAYSA is created to promote, coordinate, administer, and unify youth soccer in all levels of competition (Recreation, Academy, and Competitive) through its affiliated member associations, the largest group of youth soccer players in the San Antonio surrounding community.
Sports Administrator or Registrar for the AAYSA, handles all registration issues, player assignments, problem solving, and other issues as they arise. Final decision making on issues rests with AAYSA President or designated Executive Board Member
- Assist in training Club Registrar
- Conduct monthly meetings with Registrar
- Obtain and review current copy of the registrar’s manual and procedures
- Process player transfers
- Process tournament applications
- Maintain the AAYSA registrar database
- Maintain current count of registered players, teams, coaches/trainers, referees, and administrators.
- Primary contact with AAYSA on registration issues and rules
- Primary contact for sending email to different distribution lists.
- Assist in the setup of Clinics, or any other AAYSA sponsored events.
- Works on Fall and Spring league play, Tournaments soccer registration
- Overseas kid safe program
- Assists in the development of the annual milestones
- Disseminate information to the Board Members from the State Office or higher designated body as directed by the AAYSA President or designated Executive Board Member
- Manage office and all administrative and organizational tasks in consultations with AAYSA President or designated Executive Board Member
- Work with Treasurer to collect and deposit all registration/tournament, etc. (fees) in a timely manner
- Provide a monthly report to AAYSA President or designated Executive Board Member
Qualification and Experience:
Experience using a variety of computer software and learning new programs
- Microsoft Word, Excel (Must Have)
- Experience with GotSoccer (database) is a plus
- Experience working in databases (Must Have)
- QuickBooks or other Accounting Software is a plus
- Monitors and respond to club emails
Able to interact successfully with association members, and provide good customer service
Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi task effectively
Ability to respond quickly to requests, and meet deadlines
Great problem solving skills
Understanding of soccer and soccer operations
Be able to keep information confidential
Hours and Compensation:
- Compensation: $15,000 per year (Approx.)
- Hours: Part-Time, some weekends (mandatory)
- Flexible Hours based on work load and deadlines and projects
- The job has the potential to be Full-Time in the future.
- Requirements: Candidates need their own computer and work place, such as a home office, along with a high speed internet connection. AAYSA may be able to provide a work space in the future.
- Mobile telephone will be provided.
- Management: The positions reports to and is supervised by the AAYSA President and Executive Vice President, with some oversight and training provided by the Executive Board.
If you have any questions about this position please email Chris Sage - Thanks